Please use the information and the button below to pay towards partial payment for the courses. Please indicate the “course-name” during payment.
Math Enrichment (ME) Series
- Weekly Installment : $60/student
- Full Payment : $500/student
STEM Concept Series
- Two Installments : $240/student (for first four weeks) and $300/student (for the next five weeks)
- Full payment : $520/student
Master (MAP) Courses
- Monthly Installment (payable seven times) : $360/student
- Semester Installment (payable two times) : $1220/student
- Full Payment : $2400/student
At The Young Socratics, we uniquely combine traditional class-room teaching and live webcast classes with online self-paced content and one-on-one tutoring sessions. A brief description of our offerings is provided below:
- Instructor Led Classes (ILC) provide interactive classroom experience wherein small teacher to student ratio (at most 15:1) is maintained. In addition to in-class instructions, students have access to self-paced online content. Typically such classes are 12-14 weeks long covering 3 hours of instruction every week. Visit our Course Catalog to enroll choosing the “In Class” option.
- Live Webcast Classes (LWC) provide facility to view the live class online for those who cannot attend the class in-person. Dedicated office hours outside the class are provided to clear doubts. In addition, students have access to self-paced online content. Typically such classes are 12-14 weeks long covering 3 hours of instruction every week. Visit our Course Catalog to enroll choosing the “On Web” option.
- One-on-One Classes (OOC) provide one-on-one tutoring, often targeted to specific exams the student may be appearing for in the near future. In addition, students have access to self-paced online content. Please fill out the form to Request for OOC. We will get back to you shortly on the availability as the seats are limited.
Our OOCs are specifically designed to individualize the learning based on the needs, interests and the inclinations of the students. They are often targeted to specific exams the student may be appearing for in the near future.
In addition, to one-on-one tutoring, the student also has access to related self-paced online content on our website. The charges are $50 per hour. 1:1 Tutoring is available as both : “in-class” and “on-web” options.
Please fill out the following form to request for OOC. We will get back to you shortly on the availability as the seats are limited.
“The World of Motion”
… an overview primer on Calculus and Newtonian Physics
What were the significant developments that led to the consolidation of the branch of mathematics called “Calculus”? Did physics, or as it was known as, “Natural Philosophy”, plan any role in its inception? How these two important branches of modern education continue to interplay even today? What are their applications in different areas of science and technology? Join us for a short course in your winter break this year, to unravel the connections between Calculus and Newtonian Physics. We will not only use the lens of history and philosophy to motivate the concepts and arouse the curiosity but will have special emphasis on efficient problem-solving, covering a wide gamut in their nature (read our FAQs page) as well as complexity (including problems from Olympiads, National Level Competitions, Examinations from all over the world including IIT JEE Mains etc.). The course includes an overview on selected topics from :
- AP Calculus
- AP Physics 1, 2, C
Pre-requisites include : Algebra 1 and 2
The flyer for the course can be found here.
Timings and Venue:
Our 6-day winter course will be held from 25th December to 30th December. Classes will be held in the evening from 5 pm to 630 pm at 3205 Cabrillo Avenue, Second Floor, Santa Clara.
Instructors and Course Designers:
Himanshu Asnani is 2014 Marconi Society Young Scholar, earning his MS, PhD in EE at Stanford. He earned his B.S. in EE from IIT Bombay after securing AIR – 4 in IIT JEE Mains Exam and is also 2005 International Chemistry Olympiad Bronze Medalist. He currently works in Ericsson as a Network Architect and is a faculty at The Young Socratics.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Registration and Cost Information:
To register, you can please fill out this form.
Cost is $30 for the first class and $25 per class for more than two classes.
Please note $30 is non-refundable to secure your seat in the course.
Academic Endorsements and Parent Reviews on The Young Socratics:
Please check out the link.